Thursday, March 10, 2011

I've been thinking...

Here lately I've been thinking (probably a little too much for my own good, lol). For a long time I wrote poetry and kept journals of my thoughts...well, more like mindless drivel, lol. I must confess that I have not kept up this habit over the years as I should have. Between marriage, motherhood and a lot of other things, I found that the part of me that created all these things was lost.

Recently, I have become reacquainted with my lost passions. I attribute this rediscovery to a lot of things...I am in a good place, comfortable with who I am again; some dear friends Ruth and Claudia have helped me to remember that I am an artist at heart; I've begun to read The Heart of the Artist again and this time it's making sense to me, it's speaking to me; and lastly, a young man by the name of Joseph, whom I've recently come to know, has inspired me to be open about who I am as an artist. Why shouldn't others know that I love to write? Why shouldn't they come to know me through my poetry and my creations? For so long I've been fearful of allowing others to see this secret side of me, afraid of what they might find. But I've come to realize that it's just an excuse, another wall of "protection" I've built...but with the safety of keeping people at a distant comes the loneliness of being unknown.

So, for those of you who have read this far, you must care a little about what I have to say or who I am and so to you, my dear friends, I issue you a challenge. I will be posting things occassionaly and I urge you to read and comment about what I have to say. Please. Whether you agree with me or disagree with me, that's not my point....but I ask you to listen, ask questions of me, challenge my thoughts and feelings, challenge who I am.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment